Devi’s practice focuses on representing end users in the negotiation of derivatives trading agreements and financing arrangements as well as counseling clients on managing their trading operations.
Devi has experience in most trading and financing agreements including ISDA Master Agreements, derivatives clearing agreements, intermediation agreements, confirmations for complex OTC derivative instruments, prime brokerage agreements, term financing arrangements, multi-product master netting agreements, custodial arrangements, collateral agreements, commodity transactions, repurchase agreements and securities lending agreements. She also advises on and develops derivatives trading policies and procedures and has conducted full-day training courses on trading documentation and its effect on trading and operations within a firm.
Prior to starting a boutique firm in January 2013, Devi was a partner at Baker & McKenzie where she developed a team with a practice focused on representing end users in the negotiation of derivatives trading agreements and financing arrangements. Before joining Baker & McKenzie in March 2010, Devi was a partner at Stark Investments (a multibillion dollar asset manager).
While at Stark, Devi managed the finance team, tax and accounting departments, structured products group, operations, transactional legal team, and execution trading.
Her responsibilities, in more detail, included the following:
- Responsible for the day to day management of the finance, accounting, operations, and middle office teams at this large global alternative investment firm with 6 billion in assets under management. These teams comprised of over 80 associates and five direct reports.
- Managed the firm’s legal and structuring teams responsible for trading and financing related agreements and structures.
- Met regularly with investors and their due diligence teams to discuss firm infrastructure and financing capabilities.
- Managed the firm’s prime brokerage and execution relationships.
- Developed and managed growth of the non-trading teams and fund structures as assets under management grew from 7 billion to over 14 billion. The firm trades instruments such as equities, credit products, listed and complex over the counter derivatives, and structured hybrid products in most of the G-20 countries.
- Led firm efforts to institutionalize firm operations and accounting departments (develop independent pricing team and processes, standardize and document firm policies and procedures globally, establish independent treasury function, analyze systems for reconciling financing terms, identify and guide implementation of systems designed to automate processes throughout the firm, etc.).
- Led firm efforts to analyze, select, and begin implementation of firm’s fund administrator.
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Stuart School of Business (M.S. Financial Markets and Trading) (1995)
- DePaul University School of Law (J.D.) (1993)
- Illinois Wesleyan University (B.A.) (1990)