WHY KOYA LAW?
Koya Law focuses on infusing technology and process into the legal process. We need driven, unstoppable individuals who are proactive, critical thinking, hard working, detail oriented, creative and who enjoy working in a collaborative environment. We believe combining the best legal representation with transparency to the process or our clients; our employees are responsive and have a drive to excel. If you have these qualities and are interested in improving yourself, we are interested in you.
Koya Law Contact Information
Please email email@example.com with resume and any relevant information if interested in a position with Koya Law.
- Assistant to the Office Manager
This role will support our team by assisting with document review, client billing matters, and other general administrative tasks. The candidate should be a college graduate or currently working towards a degree.
The ideal candidate will be detailed oriented, able to follow specific instructions, highly responsive to correspondence, personable, and has excellent communication skills.
The position is hourly (about 20 – 40 hours per week) and requires regular presence in the firm’s River North office. Pay will be determined based on experience. Potential for growth into a full time / salaried role. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and transcript for consideration.
Applicant should be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Senior Derivatives Confirmations Negotiator
Chicago-based boutique law firm with a transactional practice focused on the review, negotiation and documentation of trading and financing arrangements (ISDA Master Agreements, structured derivatives, prime brokerage, clearing, futures, repurchase agreements etc.) for its institutional and hedge fund clients is seeking to add an intelligent and highly motivated senior derivatives confirmations negotiator with 4 or more years of with equity and credit derivatives confirmations.
Experience with drafting, reviewing and negotiating confirmations and understanding of ISDA definitions will be key to this role. The firm’s client base generates a high volume of equity derivatives confirmation requests (total return swaps, OTC options, etc.) with one off requests for the review of other types of master confirmations (credit, FX, interest rate, structured, etc.). Legal degree not required. Job will involve regular client interaction and training of junior employees.
The ideal candidate will be very detailed oriented, highly responsive and have strong communication skills. Pay commensurate with experience.
- Jr. Analyst
Koya Law LLC is a Chicago-based, boutique law firm specializing in the negotiation and documentation of financial products including prime brokerage, OTC and listed derivatives, structured financing transactions, and other similar capital markets transactions. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to support our hard-working team of attorneys, IT professionals and top tier financial clients.
- Summarize legal documents and negotiation points for partner review;
- Review and draft contracts under attorney supervision;
- Assist in conducting due diligence functions;
- Facilitate communication between clients and attorneys;
- Develop and test web based legal applications;
- Track and maintain records of open negotiations;
- Assist with file management and project tracking;
- Support administrative staff by performing routine office maintenance checks; and
- Research precedent and audit existing contracts.
- Excellent writing skills and a strong grasp of English grammar;
- Highly detailed;
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word;
- Knowledge of PowerPoint is helpful;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Highly motivated and adaptable;
- Able to work on a team of diverse individuals;
- Possesses sound judgment and integrity;
- Able to persevere in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment; and
- Possesses a strong interest in legal frameworks and financial markets.
This position carries a heavy workload; 12-hour days are the norm and overtime can extend into late evenings and weekends. However, our employees gain invaluable exposure to the finance and legal industries while working closely with analysts and senior level attorneys at the top of their field. This position provides a valuable opportunity for candidates considering a career in law or business and/or looking to shift careers.
Please note that this position is entry level; it is not appropriate for JDs or MBAs.
Please apply with a cover letter, résumé (with undergraduate GPA), transcript, and an academic writing sample. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Compensation: Competitive; Hourly + Overtime; Benefits include Health, Dental, 401K